January 6, 2013

New.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It's been quite some time!
Here's what's been happening in our life the past few months.
 

1. The holidays this year were especially special. Although I didn't get to go home to Michigan, I tried to make this Christmas different. I did a twelve days of Christmas for a couple in our ward who is having a baby TODAY!! I did twelve onesies for her, one for each month of the year, and one for each of the twelve days of Christmas. I can't wait to see her precious baby boy! Taylor and I were able to go to the Nutcracker Ballet, presented by Ballet West which was absolutely beautiful. We also saw The Forgotten Carols, saw the lights at Temple Square and tried to spend more time with each other than last year. It was great!

2. 2012 also brought a new friendship! And a lovely one at that. Our friends Parker and Felica tied the knot!

The wedding was absolutely beautiful! It has been awesome to see the love they share, which has in turn made us love and cherish each other even more! They've introduced us to the joy of piano bars, sushi, black jack, (I've even convinced her she looks great in red lipstick!) and can't wait to see what other adventures we have in store. Congrats you two!

3. Oh, the glorious Christmas PJ's. This is the first Christmas we have started our Christmas Pajama tradition. I know so many people do this tradition, but as a kid we didn't do it in my family (must be a Utah thing?), so Tay and I decided to start it with our own little family! Although we didn't get Charlie any...next year! It has been so great spending more time with Taylor than we have been lately, and even more than we did last year. Sure, I worked like 10 overtime hours a week, and he always works nights, but the time we had together we really made it worth while. It was just great.


4. New Years was an unexciting one for us this year. This was taken around 9:00 New Years Eve, right before Tay and I ditched the downtown SLC freezing cold weather, unopened stores, and drunken people to go home and pull out our mattress in the living room, put on our footies, put on The Prestige and celebrate New Years the Hawkins way. At 11:50 we paused the movie, opened our bottle of sparkling grape juice, watched the ball drop, toasted to the new year, finished the movie and went to bed. It wasn't a crazy new year but it was just what we needed after a hectic Holiday season.


All in all, 2012 was a really great year! We celebrated our 1 year anniversary, had Charlie join our family, started designing at work, my sister moved to Logan for college, we went to Michigan and spent some quality time with my family, went to Disneyland for the first time, had my calling in Nursery, Tay started working at Utah Woolen Mills which he loves, and so many more things I haven't even mentioned!

I can't wait to see what 2013 has to bring-but whatever it is, we'll be ready!

{A&T}

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS